Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Lake Powell


I am here blogging right from lake Powell with the slowest internet in years.... and those of you who have dial-up should feel bad for us. Anyway I wish I could up load some pictures for you all but there is no chance in hell that will happen. The first day we got down here Toby was nice and took us out on the boat to watch the sunset and go swimming. It was so beautiful. The next day is when all the drama began. Me, Max and Nick decided to go swimming. We didn't think it was going to be a far walk, so I decided to ware my new flip flop... I had to look good. That was a big, big mistake. By the time I reached the lake I had 4 hug blisters where my flip flop straps were. There was no way I was able to walk home. So Nick traded shoes and then he go a blister too from waring my flip flops. Then the sun block I bought was not water proof... and I was dumb and did read the label so now I am a fried egg and going to get skin cancer. So the third day we are here Toby again asks if we want to go out on the boat. We all jump at the opportunity and head out on the lake. Nick went water skiing and tubing. Max didn't have a chance to go tubing because the boat died. yep. the battery died on us so we were out on the lake waiting for someone to come and rescue us from the open waters. Then about 3 hours later we are all dieing from heat stroke and decided to jump in the lake... again big mistake. because when Nick jumped in he slipped and sliced the bottom of his foot open on a cleat. The metal thing you tie the boat up when you dock. I swim to him and try to hold his foot up to keep it elevated as blood is streaming down my arm... if there were sharks in the lake we would have been dead, because there was so much blood. I tie Max's shirt around his foot and holding pressure on it. We now decided to row to shore where there is a boat not to far. As Toby is lifting up the floor boards he discovers that the boat is taking on water. A few cuss words later we are off and get the boat jump started from the hot boys that were on the other boat and make it back to the docks. Toby runs to get his truck and I am helping Nick hop along the dock. He almost passes out because it is so hot and he is bleeding, so I have to carry him on my back. We make it to the insta care were Nick gets 6 stitches in the bottom of his foot. And now we have been home bound for 3 days... but we are going swimming in just a few... while we have been home Barbara (a long story for my next blog) Hillary and Chloe came to join us in our trailer. Nick says to tell you all that he asked someone out on a date. yeah go Nick. And Nick gets to have his stitches out in 2 weeks. I bet more will happen and I will blog... Go CLAN

No comments: