Barbara lives and works down at Lake Powell, which is a beautiful place. Our annual family vacation to go visit and play has led to some mishaps. Well, the whole family was originally going to leave the night of the 22nd of July to stay for a week. But as events unfolded they didn't end up happening that way. Sterling, Suzannah, and Savannah went to New York to stay with there father for some of the summer. Sterling and Suzy only wanted to stay for two weeks, but ended up staying a month and a half. Sterling was pissed. Then when it was time for them to come home, there dad booked the flight for the 26th of July, he said it was the cheapest day. So that is where the 4 months of plans began to fall apart. We had to figure out how we would all get down to Lake Powell for our vacation. The next plan was to get the truck fixed so that me, Max and Nick would be able to make it down for Max's Birthday on the 23rd. But the truck needed to get registered and insured before we could make the trip. We took it in and as luck would have it, it didn't pass. We took it in several other times to get it to pass but each time it would fail, so we gave up. Then I called Barb and told her that we couldn't make it because the truck would not pass and we needed the van to pick up the kids from the airport on the 26th. She was upset, I mean really upset. So then I told Heidi what was going on and she told me also that Kim (her sister in law) was not going to be able to make it as well. Mind you have have been planning and storing enough food for 20 people and now it might not even happen. I was freaking out. Then, I guess Barbara talked to her X-Toby about what was happening. He said that he would lend Barbara his truck to come up and get us on the 15th. A whole week before we were going to go down. I thought it would be fun. Barbara offered to help pay for gas in his truck, because I didn't plan for a huge truck that took premium gas to make the trip. So me, Max and Nick would be going down on the 16th of July and stay while mom and Hillary stayed and waited to pick up the kids then would come down on the 27th and we would all stay until the 31st. Barbara came up in the truck and I packed everything and waited for the next morning so we could leave. However, Barbara wanted to make a few stops before we left which was fine. She wanted to take care of her drivers licence. Which was fine with me, they are good to have. So she called the DMV and asked what she needed to do so she could get it back. They told her that she needed to go to the Farmingtion court house to see about a ticket that she had. The DMV also said that the Centerville ticket was taken care of and that she had no warrants out. We all thought it was going to be easy and fast. But again fate wasn't going to have it be easy and fast. I took her up to the Farmingtion court house and they said indeed she did have a warrant out and that she needed to appear before a judge tomorrow morning between 7 and 8:30, which was still enough time to make it down to Lake Powell before she had to go back to work. In the morning she got ready and woke up Nick to drive her back to the court house. I had the truck packed and everything was set and ready to leave as soon as they got back. Well 9 o'clock rolled around and they still had not come back. I tried calling Nick but there was no answer, so I assumed they were still waiting for the judge. So I decided to go shopping to get a few last minute things. 10 o'clock passed by and then Nick calls and says that Barbara has not come out of the court house yet -Barbara made Nick wait outside in the car-. So we tell him to go in and find out what was going on. He calls back and tells us that they took Barbara to jail. Wow!! I was floored, we knew that was a possibility but really didn't think the judge was going to be that big of a dick. Mom began to call everyone she knew to see if they could help. She needed 1,500 dollars in order to get her out that day. But no one would help and the judge put her in jail without allowing her to be bailed out. The judge was such a dick. We finally found out that she was able to see the judge on Monday and Barbara needed to be at work on the Friday before. I personally, didn't want to unpack Toby's truck and wait for her to get out. We talked it over and decided that, me, Max, and Nick would come down without her. We Left. We made the drive in 6 hours, which is normal. When Monday came around we had had a good time and was waiting to see what would happen with Barbara. The family called and said that she could get out if she paid 200 dollars of her fine. Which she did and she became a free woman and hungry to get back down here. But that was the tricky part, how would she get down here. Mom needed the van to pick up the other kid and the truck was not passing the emissions. Then mom made a choice that shocked me. She said to take the van. Which meant that mom, Sterling, Suzy, and Nanna would NOT be coming down. I didn't want her to do that because the whole family needed to be here, because it was a Family Vacation. She was finally able to get herself together and on her way. Hillary was driving and they brought Chloe along, which was awesome, Max would have some one to play with. They make it down with out any problems. So she went into work to talk with her boss to make sure she still had a job and that everything was OK. I mean it's not like the whole thing was planned to happen this way. Granted she should have taken care of her ticked within the time given to her. And from what I hear is that when you have a warren out for your arrest, a signed copy of the warrant is delivered to your house, we never got one. And how come the DMV didn't know that she had a warrant or even about the other ticked she got in North Salt Lake. But most of all if we had missed the court house it could have all been avoided. Yes, we made it 5 minutes before closing time. Just 5 minutes more in traffic or I had suggested just to go in the morning or wait all together, but nope fate had a different idea. I guess she was meant to do her time right then.
Also, out of the events that occurred Heidi and her kids were unable to make it down to the Family Vacation, because Hillary took all the gas money with her. So Heidi didn't get to be here. Out of the 20 people that were going to be here in the beginning, only 5 family members made it. Jessica, Hillary, Nick, Chloe, and Max. Talk about your plans falling through.
No comments:
Post a Comment