
About a week ago Mom goes to the doctor because she has pulled out her back -again- and she needed some pain relievers... thank goodness for those. The doctor asks if she has had a mammogram- she is over 50 and its routine- right away she does not want her boobs mushed in the machine. She claims they will have to take the pictures in sections because her breasts are SSSOOOOO large. (I have to laugh with the images that appears in my head.) She heads off to her mammogram and she is sitting in the waiting room for over 2 hours because the lovely staff at Lakeview Hospital has lost her paper work. -SIGH- then they take her back and make her try and put on a gown, but she claims they are too small and stays in her shirt while they do the actual mammogram.... its over and I ask her how it went and she says fine. SO I think OK this is good news. The next morning I do not want to wake up and start my day. She comes down the stairs and does a load of laundry. Which is shocking in its self because she does not come down the stair in our house she usually goes out side and uses my front door. She sits on the foot of my bead and says "Can you keep a secret?" yes I said, she says "They found a lump" a million things go through my mind, 1st. There is no history of Breast Cancer in the family
2nd. What is going to happen now
3rd. Are the doctors know for sure that its a lump
then we talk have jokingly half serious, well its a good way to loose 50 pound instantly if they have to remove it. She had another appointment this time it was an ultrasound to determine what kind of lump it was. I am awake and telling her its important to go and make sure it everything would be OK. She has the ultrasound and comes home saying they will call when the doctor gets the results. The doctors office calls her and makes an appointment to read the results yesterday. Today at 9 in the morning they call back and tell her she needs to come in and talk about treatment options. This gives me the chills, but she does not, me once again to go with her. An hour goes by and she still has not come home. When she finally comes home she is honking for Aunt Barbara to take her to the doctor. Its now 5 o'clock and I have a chance to talk with her. She says "the doctor can't feel the lesion that they will not take a biopsy today. And to have another mammogram in 6 months." UMM I thought they found a lump. but turns out it is a lesion that is flat and round. Which is different then a lump that is full of liquid. Now the only thing that is recommended is to wait.... ggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I don't want to wait.
I went to this web site for information. www.breastcancer.org
2 comments:
Yuck! I hate the c word!
yeah. it's very sketchy
Post a Comment